It’s been a tad long since I last posted something as a lot has happened in my life since the last time we were here. For this post, I’ll produce bullet points to cover the events over the last month or so.
- After nearly six years I left my full-time position at The Barclay Group and began a new challenge and journey with another company in Bala Cynwyd, PA. It was a timely change and a blessing as well. I’m in a different spot in my life one where lots of responsibilities are about to become even greater. BG just couldn’t be in my future and that’s just a fact. I’ll miss the camaraderie I developed there, the friendships, and the experience. It was a great place to work for nearly 72 months. I’m grateful for them.
- Started my new gig on May 30th and it’s been stressful. It is a whole new world and protocol. I am getting the hang of it and things have began to run smoother for me. I am very lucky to be in the situation I am in and am thankful for the opportunity. God continues to provide and I have to trust that He always will.
- My Bachelor party is set! My groomsmen are second to none. They really are. I do not deserve them. Nonetheless, we will all be heading to Brooklyn, NY on August 20th for ‘The biggest party of the Summer’ WWE Summerslam! Exciting doesn’t even begin to describe how I’m feeling about this. There isn’t a more perfect situation for a Bachelor party designed for me. This will be a night I’ll always remember and sharing with my best friends in life means everything.
- Sadly, I’m beginning to come to the realization that my baseball ‘career’ is coming to an end. Physically, I feel better than I ever have. I’m 30 but I feel 20. There’s extenuating circumstances as to why I’ve reached this point and I won’t get into them here but after 25 years it may be time to ride off into the sunset. We will see what happens after July. I won’t need to make a decision until January of 2018 but as of right now I don’t envision myself running on a diamond next summer. There’s a lot of things I want to do with my weekends in the Summer than baseball. That’s just life and it moves in waves. I don’t get paid to play the game and that’s OKAY, which means I have that choice to do whatever I want, when I want on my terms. No commitments or stress (except stress that I create).
- Crossfit has been amazing the last month or so. My strength has really elevated and I have finally began feeling confident in my abilities and lifts. It took a year but my goodness it’s worth it. I also have to thank Sean Sowney and Steve Clark for aiding me in my deadlift and back squat. I’m reaching numbers I never thought I’d reach. I’m excited for the future.
- Morgan and I have dove head first into our wedding planning. We have putting together our table settings, invitations, and other ‘wedding’ related things the last week and it’s been stressful yet exhilarating. It’s really cool to be involved and have your creative ideas come to life in front of you. Morgan is phenomenal at everything she does and watching her piece every idea together has been riveting, to say the least. The finished product of things are far from finished but the rough drafts are pretty damn cool. Looking forward to everyone seeing the finished product on October 14th. No sneak peaks for anything till then! 😉
- Friday will be the last REVO of the school year at our church. I cannot believe it’s already June and youth nights are over until September. To see the changes in these kids and young adults have been inspiring. I cant wait to see what God has in store for them. It’s been an honor mentoring them and I’m excited for next year.
There’s been a couple other things I’m sure but I can’t think of them right now. Oh well, this is more than enough.
I pray all of you have a wonderful and healthy weekend and Father’s Day! Lord knows how important my Dad is to me so I hope all the Dad’s across the nation feel loved everyday.